Friday, June 10, 2011

lululemon


lululemon NEW YORK (MarketWatch) — Yoga-inspired athletic-apparel retailer Lululemon Athletica Inc. on Friday reported a 71% increase in its first- quarter profit as its grass-roots campaigns continued to resonate with consumers. Net income rose to $33.5 million, or 46 cents a share, from $19.6 million, or 27 cents a share, in the year-ago period. Revenue in the quarter ended May 1 rose 35% to $186.8 million. Sales at stores open more than a year, excluding the currency impact, rose 16%. Lululemon Athletica A photo from Lululemon, which reported a 71% profit rise. Since I am venturing out on my own into a world of freelance writing and blogging.

I am all for taking advantage of any opportunities to meet with people and learn from a successful company like lululemon. I couldn’t wait to meet Amanda. (I actually left our meeting with an idea I can’t wait to share with them!) We immediately had a lot to talk about, and discussed our shared love of living an active life. The passion both Melissa and Amanda have for lululemon is amazing. How many people do you know who say things like “I never want to work anywhere else” or “my job changed me as a person?” (And I believe them!) As you may know, I have never personally bought anything from lululemon. While I think their apparel is unbelievably gorgeous and feminine, it has always been a little out of my price range. Everyone I say this to always says the quality and durability of lululemon’s clothing makes every dollar worth it.


As someone who has thrown away more than one pair of running capris because of chafing and material that digs, I definitely appreciate apparel that is made well. I was beyond excited when Amanda suggested leaving Starbucks to visit lululemon’s Winter Park showroom to check out some clothing and do a little fashion show. Lululemon Athletica's ($90.34, +$4.20, +4.88%) fiscal first-quarter results came in ahead of both analysts' expectations and company guidance as demand for the company's high-end yoga wear continued to grow, leading the company to bump up its guidance
Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment